Founded in 2013, CrowdStreet’s technology solutions provide real estate investment managers (sponsors) a scalable platform for growing and managing a large investor-base. We are transforming real estate investing by creating universally accessible, transparent, and efficient markets. While our competitors are positioning themselves as online versions of institutional funding, we’re the only major provider delivering a comprehensive online funding and investor management solution. CrowdStreet’s platform extends beyond the fundraising of a deal to cultivating and growing lifetime value for the sponsor through building, managing and expanding ongoing investor relationships.
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring an Real Estate Investment Asset Manager reporting to the VP of Investments to join our team to monitor and drive performance of CrowdStreet marketplace offerings. This role will serve as a subject matter expert regarding the state of portfolio offerings at CrowdStreet.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform complex financial analyses, including projections and sensitivity analyses.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data.
- Analyze monthly/quarterly property-level financial statements comparing actual to budget/proforma performance.
- Track and manage portfolio performance; collaborate with the Marketing team on maintaining and updating performance data on the CrowdStreet website.
- Monitor and drive sponsor marketplace compliance; ensure sponsors are adhering to quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Hold periodic conference calls and webinars with CrowdStreet investors - report out portfolio highlights.
- Answer key questions as they arise on the status of individual marketplace portfolio offerings.
- Hold regular conference calls and webinars with CrowdStreet marketplace sponsors; review, analyze and critique sponsor reporting.
- Synthesize sponsor reporting to create CrowdStreet reports; serve as a thought leader for reporting formats and best practices.
- Prepare additional periodic reports including summary including trends property comparisons, year-over-year comparisons and benchmark to industry sources.
- Deliver key feedback on portfolio performance to the Investments Team to drive deal screening process improvements.
- Monitor sponsor offerings for changes in property and market conditions and for compliance.
- Identify offerings that require deeper analysis and evaluation to determine if follow up actions need to be taken.
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or business related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial real estate
- Minimum of 3 years underwriting, portfolio management or asset management with a focus on commercial real estate loans
- Outstanding commercial real estate and investment portfolio modeling and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can be a part of a team.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and knowledge of finance concepts and processes.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet tight deadlines and manage multiple requests.
- Ability to use independent judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
Working at CrowdStreet
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, overlooking Pioneer Square, CrowdStreet is proud of our cool, open and collaborative environment. Along with great benefits, killer coffee and a dog-friendly office, we offer the opportunity to be at the ground floor of a fast-growing startup with fun, smart, customer-driven people transforming the world of real estate investment.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We are moving quickly, so expect to receive a response within 24 hours of your application. Thanks!