At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the way modern marketing organizations work.
As a Content Marketing Producer at Opal, you will craft captivating stories and unique content experiences that appeal to our audiences, build brand awareness, and spark conversations. Our ideal candidate is a talented storyteller who enjoys exploring new ways to engage audiences. This position requires a high level of creativity and marketing savvy, as well as a passion for collaboration.
- Conceptualize, create and manage compelling content for campaigns, events and projects in a variety of formats including, but not limited to: blog posts, web content, customer success stories, white papers, presentations, ebooks, collateral, social media and email.
- Project manage and contribute to the blog, including developing the content schedule, conducting interviews, and working with subject matter experts to publish weekly stories.
- Work swiftly and independently, collaborating with stakeholders and other subject matter experts throughout the organization to bring content ideas to life.
- Edit and enhance content produced by other members of the Opal team. Proofread copy to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, optimized for search and user experience, and compelling in nature.
- Aggregate and maintain inputs for content strategies, including audience insights, personas, messaging, competitive information and feedback from content contributors and customers.
- Perform strategic mapping of content to audience journeys and ongoing gap analysis of the content inventory to support content strategy and campaign requirements.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for content repurposing.
- Leverage industry best practices, along with competitor and customer insights to drive effective marketing messages.
- Contribute to relevant conversations in our community (Opal Brand Futures events, social media, user events, marketing events, etc.).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of integrated marketing, content marketing, marketing communications and/or agency experience
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant content creation experience, preferably in a B2B technology field. Experience should demonstrate the ability to understand and translate complex concepts to the target audience.
- Highly articulate, with excellent writing and communication skills, and a strong command of grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of the modern marketing tech stack and ability to craft stories that reflect the challenges marketers face today.
- Passion for exploring new platforms, tools and technology to deliver experiential stories to high-level marketers.
- Savvy with distribution tools that spread content and ideas.
- Desired skills include photography, design, CMS and light coding familiarity.
- Passion about the big and small details, along with the ability to navigate ambiguity while delivering projects on time.
- Ability to accept feedback with grace and ease
- Independent self starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to high-quality execution with minimal supervision.
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency and a bias to action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Proven ability to foster and grow relationships with teammates ,customers, vendors, associations and/or media partners.
This role is based in our Portland, OR office.
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- A very inviting and supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
Opal is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.