If you love caring for customers and have experiencing leading and growing a telecom or networking related support team, this might be the role for you.
Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Check out more info on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net
Our service is growing quickly and we need a leader to ensure our support team keeps up. We’re looking for a Director of Technical Support to join our team.
Bigleaf is a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
• Tech Support Team Leadership and Growth: We stand out by providing excellent service to our customers, eliminating the typical finger-pointing seen in IT, through skillful troubleshooting and true care for our customers. In this role you’ll create strategic plans and lead our team of technical support specialists and engineers. You’ll guide, challenge, encourage, correct, and reward them, and do other typical management and leadership tasks to ensure the health and success of the team. You’ll also be responsible for planning, recruitment, hiring, training, and other similar items to ensure the team grows as needed to meet the demands of our growing customer base without excessive stress.
• Technical Support: While this role is primarily a leadership and management role, at times you’ll be on the phones and responding to tickets (especially initially as you get trained up and used to the Bigleaf platform and way of doing things). You’ll use your networking knowledge and care for customers to ensure they have an optimal experience as you navigate troubleshooting and resolving their complex technical issues.
• Escalation Response: You’ll be the main management point of contact for escalated support matters. You’ll use your outstanding people skills to ensure customers who are frustrated leave happy, and you’ll ensure all needed Bigleaf and partner resources are engaged to drive problems to a successful conclusion.
• Training: You will oversee training activities for your team, as well as for new wholesale partners and others who need in-depth training on the Bigleaf platform and how to support it.
• Support Systems Management: You’ll be responsible for procuring, managing, and scaling Bigleaf’s systems used for technical support. Of course you’ll have the support of other Bigleaf resources in this, such as our network and development operations teams, but you’ll handle dashboards, reporting, contact center / phone systems, and other tasks needed to ensure our support team is operating in line with company goals.
• Company-wide Collaboration: You’ll work with our product, engineering, sales, provisioning, accounting and other internal teams to meet customer needs and help drive healthy growth across all areas of the business.
• At least 5 year of experience leading and scaling a 24/7, multi-tier, service-provider technical support team.
• Strong ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people in written and spoken English
• A passion for serving customers in a humble and consultative manner
• Demonstrated care for the professional and personal development of team members
• A team-player mentality
• Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
• Understanding of networking and internet fundamentals
• Experience training and mentoring others and resolving conflict
• Ability to be on-call for escalation matters
• Ability to travel occasionally (a few times per year)
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter/email of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.