The Data Science team at Cloudability uses billions of dollars of spending to build data products that help people use the cloud better. We are a small team that is focused on rapid iteration and quickly moving ideas from prototype to production. On any given day, you might brainstorm with the sales team, explore data visualization techniques for heterogeneous spending patterns or build internal APIs to power future data products.
What you’ll do:
- Talk to customers to understand their challenges and develop potential solutions
- Work with internal teams to leverage data to improve existing products
- Interact with data from a variety of sources to develop & test hypotheses
- Develop appropriate solutions. Sometimes this will involve some fancy machine learning, but often it’s just division. You shouldn’t be turned off by simple solutions.
- You really need to be passionate about data. A lot of your job will involve exploring datasets and this should be something that gets you fired up.
- Several years of industry experience with data modeling and shipping data products. This will likely include some machine learning and statistics.
- We’re a startup, so you’ll need to be self-sufficient. You’ll need at least some design, product and full-stack chops. You don’t need to be an expert but you should have some interest in all of these dimensions.
- Coding. We ship products and you need to be able to write performant and maintainable code in order to do that.
- Experience running AWS, Azure and/or GCP in production
- Experience with the Python data modeling ecosystem (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.) is great, any additional experience with Spark is even better
- Familiarity interacting with various data storage engines. We use object stores, columnar storage, key-value and relational storage at various places.
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Disability and Life insurance included)
- 401(k) + Student Loan Repayment Program
- Wellness + Commuter Benefits (company-paid parking)
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of paid leave for the primary care giver
- Paid holidays including Boxing Day
- Dog friendly office + weekly yoga + coffee (plenty of tea as well)
Cloudability is Portland-based, cloud optimization platform enabling organizations around the world to succeed technologically and financially in the cloud. Thousands of companies have trusted us to help them track, manage, and optimize their cloud cost. Our mission is to change the way companies leverage the cloud and we want you to be part of that journey.
Cloudability is changing how companies adopt and consume cloud. If defining and creating new market opportunities excites you, this is a company is for you.