We're making healthcare better! Our diverse, creative team works together closely to plan, build, and test software that’s changing healthcare. We are looking for an experienced and empathetic manager of technical people who is excited about building a new approach to patient care.
Are you an experienced manager with a passion for supporting engineers and nurturing their career growth? Are you interested in ways to parallelize work while minimizing context switching? At Bright.md, you’ll be on a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference, and we want you to enjoy it. We'll provide a compassionate, creative, happy place to work, and encourage you in your efforts to become even better. You'll report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with multiple departments while managing the engineering team of our flagship product. Our product delivers a new asynchronous approach to health care in the rapidly growing telemedicine space. We will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together.
- Manage a large software engineering team working on our flagship product
- Work with multiple departments to ensure timely delivery of our roadmap
- Ensure a steady stream of quality releases with minimal chaos
- Provide a balance between technical excellence and product delivery goals
- Support, coach, and grow software development teams
- Craft, evolve, and manage lightweight processes that ensure cross team communication while allowing engineers to focus on what they do best
- Throw in with the development team on coding in order to keep a close relationship with the technology
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of software engineers
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross functional teams
- Experience with Kanban, SCRUM, or other Agile methodologies
- Continuous delivery experience in a SaaS environment
What We Offer
A dog friendly office with a great set of benefits, including employee ownership through stock options, health insurance with premiums coverage, a Health Savings Account (HSA) program, pre-tax transportation dollars, and more. Our team also values fun as well as work. Many of us play board games at lunch, go on runs after work, or take work time to volunteer in the community together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.