Level: 3 – 5 years of general work experience
Salary: Commensurate upon experience.
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full time - Temporary (Covering a maternity leave 12 weeks)
Job Category: Administration
The Renewal Workshop seeks an admininstrative assistant and customer service role to support the company’s operations and service to our customers.
Position Summary: This role has two main functions, Administration and Customer Service. The administration roles pertain to company operations and services. Customer Service includes supporting customers’ needs via our website or brand partner’s websites that we serve.
Specific Role Requirements:
General Business, HR and accounting Administration
- Purchasing and managing office supplies
- General office admin, mail, support
- Accounting support, scanning and organizing bills and invoices.
- Managing time cards and reporting
- Respond to Customer Service emails. Route to the proper person or resolve the issues to maintain customer service standards
- Manage customer communications for returns process and procedures
This role requires working hours which include evenings and weekends. The job hours are 9:30am – 6pm Tuesday – Saturday. There is some flexibility for remote working as well as being available to work at the Workshop as well.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Customer Service experience
- Administration work experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years or older
- Apparel industry and/or manufacturing experience a big plus
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Strong Communication skills, written and speaking
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-sufficient and ability to manage one’s own time
- Computer literate with Windows operating system, Word, Excel and comfortable learning new applications
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to view a computer screen; prepare and analyze data and information; transcribe information; and read.
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions or information must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly (by phone or in person).
- Must be able to hear; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 45lbs in weight.
- Must be of minimum working ago of 16, some jobs will require minimum working age of 18.
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is a new kind of apparel company that makes discarded clothing and textiles into something new. We partner with the world’s best-loved brands and retailers to recover value from their unsellable returns and excess inventory.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into renewed apparel, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. Data is collected on everything that flows through the system and is shared with our brand partners to help them improve the production and design of future products. Renewed Apparel is sold direct-to-consumer at renewalworkshop.com and in selected stores or back to the brand. We’re the certified renewal partner of our brands and our accompanying labeling in the garment acts as a seal of trust and quality.
The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers the full value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.