At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. The Opal platform empowers marketing teams to collaborate within a dedicated environment to plan, visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
Opal is looking for an Accounting Specialist who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of basic accounting processes and tools to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Specifically, this candidate will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly payroll and general ledger processes that generate the company's income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing cash receipts and disbursements including checks, ACH and wires in a timely manner
- Review and reconcile company bank accounts and corporate credit cards and ensure compliance with company policies
- Produce annual vendor 1099’s and other tax-related filings
- Manage, review and process payment for employee expense reports
- Execute on the entire post-sale billing process, including generating invoices, credit memos, tracking collections and follow-up on late invoices
- Responsible for sales tax reporting and remittance
- Monthly payroll processing, including reconciliation of benefits
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close, along with supporting the annual audit
- Work collaboratively across departments to continuously improve AP/AR & payroll processes for efficiency, scalability and customer experience
- Pick up projects and ad-hoc tasks as they arise
Ideal Candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- ERP and CRM systems knowledge: NetSuite & Salesforce preferred
- 3-5 years of AR/AP experience
- 2 years of Payroll experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Organized multitasker with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Company stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A very inviting and supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
Opal is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.