Cloudability’s Technical Account Managers play a very dynamic role. It requires someone who can speak tech and speak customer fluently acting as the customer’s expert guide to managing their cloud spending. You’ll join the Cloudability Client Services Team, a tight-knit group of technically minded individuals committed to helping their customers adopt the product as the tool for creating cloud financial management and optimization, a problem faced by all cloud-based companies.
A typical day may look like this:
During an onboarding of a Fortune 500 customer, you'll debate efficient cloud architecture with an ops engineer customer and teach a finance director the fundamentals of cloud billing. Later that day you may complete a deep analysis using our analytics platform in order to build a persuasive deck for a customer executive. Based on those interactions, you'll create feature enhancement requests in ProductBoard to advocate on a customer’s behalf and then leverage the team for support while voicing the need in slack through questions and internal discussions. You may also partner with the Sales or Cloud Financial Office team to close a large deal and even contribute to your team’s growth by initiating and building out your own projects or rolling out a new process to repeat successful customer solutions.
You’ll forge deep relationships—both internally and externally—in your quest to retain and grow customers by constantly showing them increasing value. It’s fast-paced, rarely boring and requires constantly exploring new territories.
What you’ll do:
- Engage regularly with Director and C-Suite level customers as their primary technical point of contact as well as people from multiple divisions in an organization including Finance to DevOps.
- Oversee the adoption of Cloudability’s platform for customers as the tool to use for cloud financial management
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to help customers ensure they are making the most cost-efficient choices
- Analyze customer business objectives and use our platform to build insightful reporting
- Transfer customer from the onboarding process where they learn how to use the tool to understand why they are using the tool to embed Cloudability’s thought leadership in the space
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist the Support team in resolving issues
- Perform analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to customer leadership
- Be the voice of the customer, champion and advocate for customer requirements with our Product and Engineering teams
- Contribute educational content, blog posts, and tutorials to help customers derive more value from Cloudability
- Provide a next level customer experience for everyone you deal with
- Travel as needed to ensure the success of critical customers
- IaaS knowledge: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or higher (or equivalent knowledge)
- Analytics/Data: Ability to navigate complex data sets and pull out insights
- Account Management: Experienced in account management and/or technical client-facing support (2+ years)
- Skilled at building relationships with customers and co-workers
- Persistent, tenacious and able to deal with people when they are happy or not
- A great communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- B.S. in Computer Science related field or equivalent experience
We provide competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Disability and Life insurance included)
- 401(k) + Student Loan Repayment Program
- Wellness + Commuter Benefits (company-paid parking)
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of paid leave for the primary care giver
- Paid holidays including Boxing Day
- Dog friendly office + weekly yoga + coffee (plenty of tea as well)
Cloudability is Portland-based, cloud optimization platform enabling organizations around the world to succeed technologically and financially in the cloud. Thousands of companies have trusted us to help them track, manage, and optimize their cloud cost. Our mission is to change the way companies leverage the cloud and we want you to be part of that journey.
Cloudability is changing how companies adopt and consume cloud. If defining and creating new market opportunities excites you, this is a company is for you.